You can make a difference and help us fight the “Silent Epidemic” of youth suicide.
Below is a list of things you can do in your own community to make a difference.
- Educate yourself about the magnitude of the problem, the signs of concern and the tools of prevention. You can educate yourself by visiting our Rascal Flatts B1 Project and take the pledge at www.rascalflattsb1.com. Encourage your friends to take the pledge and B1 too.
- Take the #IWONTBESILENT challenge and get your friends talking about the problem of youth suicide. Share iwontbesilent.com or wewontbesilent.com. Use the #iwontbesilent or #wewontbesilent on all of your social media accounts.
- Be there for a friend by being observant, asking questions, listening, responding and get help for your friend.
- Never keep a friends suicidal thoughts to yourself. Know who you can turn to for help and guidance such as a parent, teacher, coach or a trusted adult to seek professional help.
- Encourage your school to hold a suicide prevention week.