The Jason Foundation, Inc. (JFI) is an educational organization dedicated to the awareness and prevention of youth suicide. JFI believes that awareness and education are the first steps to prevention. We want to establish a Triangle of Prevention by providing students, parents and teachers/youth workers the tools and resources to possibly identify and help at-risk youth.
This is accomplished through a series of programs and services that focus on information about the awareness and prevention of youth suicide. A description of the JFI programs and services are available here.
Below is a listing of other resources that may be helpful.
- American Association of Suicidology
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Center for Disease Control: Suicide
- Center for Disease Control: Youth Risk Behavioral Surveillance System
- The Jed Foundation
- Kid Central TN
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- National Council for Suicide Prevention
- National Strategy for Suicide Prevention (PDF)
- Samaritans USA
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education (SAVE)
- Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network
- The Trevor Project
- Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program