You can make a difference and help us fight the “Silent Epidemic” of youth suicide.
Below is a list of things you can do in your own community to make a difference.
- Educate yourself about the magnitude of the problem, the signs of concern, and the tools of prevention. You can educate yourself by visiting our B1 Project and take the pledge at b1.jasonfoundation.com. Encourage your friends to take the pledge and B1 too.
- Take the #IWONTBESILENT challenge and get your friends talking about the problem of youth suicide. Share iwontbesilent.com or wewontbesilent.com. Use #iwontbesilent or #wewontbesilent on all your social media accounts.
- Be there for a friend by being observant, asking questions, listening, responding, and getting help for your friend.
- Never keep a friend’s suicidal thoughts to yourself. Know who you can turn to for help and guidance such as a parent, teacher, coach, or a trusted adult to seek professional help.
- Encourage your school to hold a suicide prevention week.